Expectations of a You Yes You! volunteer
We need our volunteers to be reliable!
We desire our volunteers to have integrity!
Most of our work is done inside prison facilities and YYY follows the volunteer guidelines of the Indiana Department of Correction, which includes the following qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Not under IDOC supervision or the supervision of any other correctional system or program or on probation.
- Not immediate family member of an offender where personal contact cannot be avoided. Provision of references on request.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- Willingness to submit to a Tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to meet attendance and performance requirements.
- Willingness to meet and complete all training requirements.
- Ability to accept differences in people, namely culture, race, religion, and values.
- Willingness to undergo a criminal history check.
The benefits of volunteering with You Yes You!
YYY is an organization that meets people where they are and aids them in where they want to go, and that is the greatest benefit of being a YYY volunteer. Other benefits include:
- Being part of a unique community.
- Meeting people from all walks of life.
- Helping fathers connect with their kids.
- Helping kids connect with their fathers.
- Helping rebuild families.
- Utilizing personal and professional skills to teach others.
To inquire about becoming a You Yes You! volunteer please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.